Monday, June 19, 2006

Czech Pilsner, or the Sophie Pilsner

My brother is having a little girl, so in honor of her arrival I am dedicating this batch to her. He is naming him after our grandmother Sophie (Oehl) Dybala. My Grandmother contributed a mustang wine recipe and a beer recipe that I plan to use in the future. The recipes were found in a Czech Cookbook written by my mother.

Czech Pilsner

1/4 lb. Crystal 1o L
2 1/2 lb Bohemian Pils 45 minute soak at 155 degrees.
5 lb Extra Pale Extract Boil
1 oz German Magnum Hops for 60 minute boil.
1 oz of Saaz hops the last 5 minutes of the 60 minute boil.

California Labs Pitched yeast.

6/19/06: SG 1.10

SG 1.013 at bottling, I got a late start on this is the season, the temperature is a little warm for brewing. Nice refreashing Pilsner, I will be sure to crack one open when she is born, and distrubute the rest to family.

No comments: