Thursday, May 1, 2008

When free beer is everyones favorite

I went downtown last night to take in a few promotional happy hours from the latest environmental trade fair. We started of at Scholz Garten with some live music and beer. The next stop was Iron Cactus, where the party hostwould give you a coupons for free drinks. They have a pretty wide selection of beers and some good top shelf liquors, but the majority of people were still drinking bud light or another domestic beer. If you ask me, if the drinks are free, try something new or maybe with a little more flavor. Of course once I figured out I could get a mixed drink for free, I put down the beer and started my own rum tasting tour!

On the way home we stumbled into the Whip In for a St Bernardus ABT12 as the nightcap. While I was there I picked up aBush or Scaldis Prestige and a De Koninck Winter Dark Ale as well as another Taj Mahal for a friend.

No comments: