Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Czech Republic Revisited: Velvet

Velvet Beer
Královský Pivovar Krušovice a.s. (The Royal Brewery of Krušovice ) Krušovice, Czech Republic
. 5.1% ABV

Pours a nice amber with a Guinness type cascade effect. Thick long lasting head. Very smooth almost creamy mouthfeel with some sweet undertones. One of my favorite beers! This batch was hand delivered by my folks after a recent visit to the Czech Republic. The first time I discovered the beer was at a pub in Mikoluv, Czech Republic in 2003.

Available in Austin: Not commercially exported out of Czech Republic.
Beer Consumed During Writing: Velvet of course, had to sacrifice one for the photo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where Can you find it in Austin? That's where I'm from.

Curtis D said...

So far mine is hand carried from the Czech Republic when my family travels there, I don't think they export.

bath mateus said...

Wow it’s nice posting, I like it.
Bathmate