Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pinot Rerack and Figrigio Wine

The specific gravity finally dropped below .01 and I made the first re-rack of the pinot. There was a 2 inch layer of sediment on the bottom and probably a half gallon of left over wine from moving from an 8 gallon to a 6 gallon carboy.

If you notice another bottle in the original picture, that is a fig wine I try to make every year from Uncle Phillip's fig tree. This year I got behind on the batch and was getting ready to dump it in the compost pile. Instead I re-racked the Fig wine into the Pinot's original carboy. I am going to keep it on the same racking schedule as the Pinot. So if all goes well we will have a Figrigio to try, or at least a Figrigio to dump in the compost pile.

So we have a batch of Pinot looking good, and a second batch of Figrigio to speculate about.

No comments: